County Tax A/C
Justice of the Peace
P.O. Box 591
Dalhart, Tx. 79022
The county treasurer is an elected official with a four-year term.
1. Deposits all revenue collected by the county;
2. Signs and registers all county warrants;
3. Disburses funds on the order of the commissioners court;
4. Keeps accounts of all receipts and expenditures of county
5. Serves as the investment officer in most counties;
6. Auditing the books, accounts and records of all county officers and departments;
7. Assisting with preparing the county budget;
8. Checking the accuracy of all monetary claims against the county and all moneys paid to the country;
9. Prescribing the accounting systems used for collecting county revenue.