[Home]

Departments:

Departments

County Judge

Precinct One

Precinct Two

Precinct Three

Precinct Four

County Clerk

County Treasurer

County Sheriff

County Attorney

County Tax A/C

Justice of the Peace

Jail-Dispatch

Extension Service

Juvenile Probation

[Main]

[Courthouse]
Dallam County Courthouse
1998 by Sylvia Renick


Dallam County

Created in 1876 and organized in 1891, Dallam County, Texas was named for Republic of Texas Attorney James W. Dallam (1818-1847). Texline, located on the line of the Fort Worth and Denver City Railroads and the only town in the County when it was organized, served as the first County Seat. A Courthouse was built in 1891.

Ten years later, when the Rock Island Railroad built a line through the County, the new town of Dalhart was established where the Rock Island, Fort Worth and Denver City Railroad lines crossed. The County Commissioners voted to move the County Seat to Dalhart in 1903, and, in May of 1903 an election was held to approve bonds for a Courthouse in Dalhart.

County government soon outgrew the 1903 building and, in 1922, the voters approved more bonds for a new Courthouse. Designed by Smith and Townes, the classical revival structure was completed in 1923. Built of brick, with cast stone detailing, the Courthouse continues to serve the citizens of Dallam County to this day.


[Contact]


[Community]

Dallam County, Texas
All Rights Reserved